Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blog Revamp

I've noticed that a fair number of the blogs that I read on a regular basis tend to be focused in their subject matter. They're a combination of personal blog and work blog. Personal enough to make connections with readers and really reveal a little bit about the person writing. About work enough to have a tightly scoped subject matter, and to really reveal some interesting things about subjects I'm interested in. Also, since the people who bother blogging are usually experts in their field, I can learn new things from them. When those people are in -my- field, I often learn interesting new things and new ways to think about problems I'm facing.

As a result, I'm revamping my blog to 'fit in'. What I've mentioned above is only one way to make a 'good blog', but it's the way I'm going to follow. So instead of the previous model I was using, which was to treat the blog really very much like a personal journal, I'm going to narrow this blog's focus. My posts from here on out will primarily be concerned with my work in computer science. I'll periodically make an entry regarding my nuclear field work, since I feel everyone should know more about atomic processes, and maybe a bit about neurology or life lessons I've learned. And if I can't think of something to put up a particular week, well, I still have the recipe fallback.

Anyway. This is my little corner of the internet. I really don't expect anyone to read it, ever, but if someone does, I hope it either spurs conversation or they otherwise find it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment