Monday, July 23, 2012

Life on Mac Is (Still) Hard

Following up my previous post, which I should have followed up immediately but didn't.

Installing on Mac OS X Lion continues to have some fun problems. I've already mentioned the problem with Vorbis; Flac, too, has problems with its configure script which can be fixed with a switch statement. To get the Flac developer libraries to install correctly, the following must be done.

./configure --disable-asm-optimizations

Thanks goes to Stack Overflow for that. Last and not least, SDL_Mixer's install also has problems. Even with Ogg Vorbis installed and functioning ( you can test that with some of the example c files it comes with ), SDL_Mixer's configure script won't recognize them. In this case, I couldn't find any command line switches to force it to work. I instead went in, and simply bypassed the configure file's test for checking if Vorbis was installed and working. I'm trying to learn more about scripting so I can see how exactly the configure script is doing its test, and then I'll go back into all -three- configure scripts, update them, and see if I can get the changes back to the guys who make this stuff.

For right now, if you find yourself having troubles, post a message, and I'll send you the modified configure script for SDL_Mixer. The reason why I'm not just flat out putting a link to it right now is because even though it's fixed, it's not fixed -correctly-, and I don't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment